Here are some of my top tips for looking after your Little Gems Jewels and any other gemstone jewellery that you might have in your collection.
- The Stainless Steel beads and fastenings that I use in Little Gems Jewels designs do not tarnish, which means you won't need to spend your time polishing them before you wear them.
- Try to leave about 20 minutes between applying perfume, hair products or body lotion and wearing your jewellery. This will prevent build-up of product and potential corrosion of your gemstone jewellery.
- Try not to wear your jewellery in the bath, pool or the sea to prevent beauty products, chemicals or salt water from damaging your gemstones over time.
- Remember to remove your jewellery before you go to bed at night.
- Gold and Silver plated beads may tarnish in the air over time, or on contact with skin products. To avoid air tarnish you can store your jewellery in an air tight box or bag. Tarnish is best removed by gently rubbing over with a silver or gold polishing cloth.
As we all lead busy lives I know it can be easy to forget these things. So if your jewellery does happen to get a little dirty just use some warm soapy water and a soft bristled toothbrush to bring it up to its best again.
If you do ever happen to damage your Little Gems jewellery please don't despair as I can repair it for you. Just get in touch and I can let you know what to do.